Name:

Type of operation: Nitrokémia Environmental protection Consulting and Ministering Incorporated Company
Registered seat: Munkás tér 2, Fűzfőgyártelep, H-8184, Hungary

Timeline

2008    The company wins the tender for technical assistance in the North Balaton Regional Solid-Waste Management System project, also the first off-limits clean-up project starts: the remediation at the liquidated leather firm at Simontornya.

2007    The investor makes a capital investment in the company to enable to establish the project company for bio-technologies.

2006    The company profile changes from chemical industry to environmental protection thus the name of the company alters.

2004    All production lines are either privatized or abandoned. The 2nd phase of the environmental clean-up is initiated.

1997    The Nitrokémia 2000 PLC is established.

1993    The Nitrokémia PLC is established.

1963    Through the integration of the Colorkémia and the Medicolor firms to the Nitrokémia Industry Settlement a socialist large industrial company is formed.

1921    The Magyar Lőporgyárüzemi Rt (Hungarian Gunpowder Factory PLC) is founded.

The original company was established in 1921 as a PLC with the sub- or hidden war industry profile to produce gunpowder and explosives.

In the 1960s the production profile of the company extended significantly to extend the lesser war industry with chemical industry producing organic chemicals, paints, solvents, pesticides and insecticides and their production intermediaries.

In the early 1990s the plant was producing a wide range of products – extending way over its original purpose – on more than 600 hectares of land. On the 1st of January, 1993 the state-owned Nitrokémia Industry Settlement was transformed into a PLC.

The company is still 100% state owned, its core activities are environmental protection and asset management.